Thursday 9 April 2015

Building a new website

20 February 2015, 11.30 am

I am helping, in my own small way, to build a new CIPA website.  This involves someone from outer space ringing me up and taking control of my desktop for a while.  The voice from outer space then gives me some tasks to complete and watches how well I do.  Actually this may not be to do with the website at all, but a covert way of proving how unfit I am for office.  They are already worried that I spend too long talking to the ceiling-mounted espionage system.

My tasks involve trying to find things on the current CIPA website.  This is a laugh.  We all know that you cannot find anything on the current CIPA website.  You might stumble upon it by accident.  You might get redirected to it when you were hoping to find something else.  But if you go looking for it deliberately, you will be lost for ever in a maze of discombobulating long-running scripts.

I am told to find my way to the members’ bulletin boards.  Why would I want to do that?  The bulletin boards are where the Council papers go; I avoid them like the plague.  Then I am told to find some erudite CIPA textbooks.  I am asked if I like the CIPA textbooks page.  It is very pretty, I say.  Shame about the textbooks.

Finally I am told to find my way to the job vacancies.  Hmm.  Tactful.

I think I have probably failed some of the tests.  They were stupid tests anyway.  But on the plus side, I have learned how to get back to the Home Page.  I have always wondered how you did that. 

1 comment:

  1. Building a new website is a major task. One must take many things into consideration including the template and coding. One must make sure that the page is easy to navigate. A good menu bar is helpful in finding various parts of the website. Exciting and relevant information is key to a successful website

    Chris Hatcher @ Red Stick SEO

    ReplyDelete