Saturday 7 March 2015

All about dental implants

2 February 2015

I take a break from the CIPA work to have some dental implants forced into my mouth.

There are two types of implant: screw-fitting and bayonet-fitting.  Or at least, that’s what it looked like to me, from the pretty cross-sections which the very expensive dentist showed me.  The very expensive dentist thinks I am thick (in my defence, it is not easy to be intelligent when your mouth is clamped open and someone has a power tool inside it), so he has explained the cross-sections to me in great detail.  This pink area with the tooth sticking out of it, he says: this is the gum.  You don’t say.  He says: it is like we have sliced through your jawbone to look at the tooth and gum.  Gosh that’s clever, I say, only it comes out as goshawarrumph.

Then he explains how the toothy bit screws onto the screwy bit, and apologises if this is a bit complicated.  I say: it is not as complicated as my son’s Airfix® instructions.  It comes out as ashashoppyate-umphwheffelshuns.

Anyway, today it feels like he actually has sliced through my jawbone, so maybe I misunderstood the cross-sections after all.  He subjects me to three hours’ worth of very expensive torture.  With thirty minutes to go, he asks a very expensive stock control technician for an implant of a specific size and shape.  I hear the very expensive stock control technician rummaging in a toolbox.  Then I hear him say he doesn’t think they have any.  I have a strong urge to bite down on the very expensive hand in my mouth.  Having the correct type of implant is, I feel, something he should have checked for before he started.  Or am I being picky?

Nothing more is said for a while.  I suspect they made do with a 15 mm rawlplug instead.  I have no desire to check.

Once home, I return to my PC and stare at my inbox, dribbling miserably into a bowl of soup which is all I am going to be able to eat from now on ever until I die.  And for once, I cannot bring myself to write any emails back.

9 comments:

  1. In alternative words, they're a established product, that makes them dearer than their untested counterparts. Therefore, it's continuously a decent plan to raise your cosmetic medical practitioner which type of implant he or she's going to be victimisation before they place it in, for more information click here invisalign palm beach gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dental implants india
    Today’s contemporary, new age material has allowed that chase come to an end. Modern day’s dental implant has become possible because these materials were combined with years of research.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you wanna know more about dental implants and various other dental services then you must visit http://bit.ly/1dLwpWH following page to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dental implants can be a little painful initially. But once the process is over and you have your brand new tooth, it’s not so bad. Tooth replacement is good for maintaining jawbone health and preventing premature aging. A close friend of mine got her Dental implants in phoenix only a week back. She looks much better and confident now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The information about the dental implants given here very good and useful. Thanks for sharing the informative article with us.
    Affordable Dental Implants

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds extremely painful. I always feel like all the dentistry talk is over my head. My dentist does a pretty good job of explaining what he is doing, how he is doing it and most importantly why he is doing it. I figure if I am paying for it, I should probably understand what my money is actually going to.

    Tyler Williford @ Marzo Smile

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teeth are important because of their multiple functions and dental implants are the best solution for those who are losing teeth.

    Dental Implant Restoration

    ReplyDelete